Tuesday, April 14, 2009

collecting my thoughts

How astonishing it is that language can almost mean,
and frightening that it does not quite. Love, we say,
God, we say, Rome and Michiko, we write, and the words
get it all wrong.

-- Jack Gilbert, from "The Forgotten Dialect Of The Heart"


---

"Have you chosen a college yet?"

No. The answer is no.

"Narrowed it down?"

To two. They're both in Boston.

"Well of course _________, right?"

Well if it were that easy, I wouldn't still be waffling.

---

What is more interesting is the _________. Some people have very strong feelings for or against either of the two contending schools, is all. I'm tired. I want to keep my grades, and I don't want to keep my grades. I want graduation to be over with, but I still need to fulfill some requirements. I just want to sleep in, work part time, watch movies, be lazy. Read some books here and there.

I leave Thursday morning at 5 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment