Friday, June 5, 2009

movies I want to see 2 (fall/winter/beyond edition)



As I have previously mentioned, I really want to see this movie. Alejandro Amenábar, Rachel Weisz. Atheism and Christianity during a troubled Rome.

----------



This looks like a scifi movie along the lines of Gattaca, not really Rendezvous with Rama hard scifi but also not Serenity or the new Star Trek cowboy space opera fun. BUT. It's only playing in NY or LA? Kill me dead.

Also, Kevin Spacey voices GERTY, the on-board computer.

----------



European zombie horror flick.

----------



Okay, so this one is coming out in the summer, not in the fall/winter/beyond.

----------



One of my favorite books as a child, and I reread it a lot at work.

----------



Okay, so I couldn't find a movie poster for this movie, even though it's been completed for months and is being set up for a Best Picture Oscar run.

it has Hilary Swank and Ewan McGregor, and if you know me, you know I love Ewan McGregor. What else? Richard Gere is also in this baby, and it's directed by Mira Nair. I may be wrong, but I think this is the first movie directed by a woman to appear on these lists. There is such a shortage of directors who are female.

----------



I really hate the movie poster for this movie. I suppose it's better than not having one, though. But in any case, that's why it's not here.

Guess what? It's Ewan McGregor again. And apparently Jim Carrey in a The Truman Show-like performance, and not like his recent comedies. This movie was apparently banned to NC-17-land for a moment there, but I think it's back to R. It looks like a Catch Me If You Can-type con movie, which tickles me greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment