Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Taste these teeth please/And undress me from these sweaters better hurry/Cause I'm keeping upward bound now/Oh maybe I'll build my house on your cloud

Photobucket

Today, I drive my mom's car to where I volunteer. I lock the car, file, sort, and organize for 3 hours, and then happily go back to the parking lot (via the BACK DOOR today, since I finally got the code to unlock it) to drive home. Too bad the car alarms start blaring. I quickly look around the parking lot. Didn't anyone hear this and want to come out and investigate? The alarm dies after about 60 seconds of chaos. I cautiously try again. The alarm starts up. This cycle repeats about two more times.

At this point most people probably would have given up. But I soldier on through. And finally start the car without all hell breaking loose.

My question is as follows: What the hell are car alarms for if not to tell people that THIS CAR IS BEING TAMPERED WITH, here? Everyone is so immune to them that I could have actually been breaking in, and nobody would have cared. In fact, a man came out of the office across the street, saw me trying in vain to stop this alarm, and all he did was smile at me and then drive off in his own car.

No comments:

Post a Comment