Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Song of Ice and Fire serialization

George R R Martin's epic is one of my favorite series, nevermind that it looks almost permanently stalled for now. Currently, the pilot episode of a proposed "Game of Thrones" tv show is going through post-production, after which HBO will decided whether or not to pick it up.

Today I found photos of the cast.

Sean Bean is playing Eddard Stark, which I feel is perfect casting. all the Stark kids are appropriately handsome, although the actor who plays Robb looks a bit like a thug in his photo on that site. I'm particularly pleased with Jon Snow's casting, as Jon is one of my favorite characters and Kit Harrington is a thespian who is switching over to TV for this series.

I was disappointed by the casting of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister, however. I always thought of Cersei and Jaime as strikingly fair, classic beauties. Nikolaj is too rugged and much older than the Jaime I'd pictured in my head. After all, he is barely 30 at the beginning of Game of Thrones.

I'm curious now to see, if the show gets picked up, who will play Renly. Although his age is vague, I always thought he was in his early 20's and dashingly handsome. He couldn't have been that much older than Loras Tyrell, who probably yet 16 then.

Also, read on GRRM's not a blog that the Targaryen scenes were filmed in Morocco. The locations are going to be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment